Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: My "not fancy" just for fun build

That looks cool

2. Back To Top    #212

In the never ending, perpetually unfinished, saga of my system, I have been wanting to find a head-unit with digital out.
    Even though I love the 7930 that is sitting in the dash now. And, I know from plenty of time with it on the bench in the house, it sounds great.
    I want to try a JL TWK. And I want to run digital to it. So that, D/A only happens one time.
    Well, I guess I get lucky sometimes. And, I am a sucker for an old Alpine.
    So, digital out head unit? Check!

As hard as I try to bring myself to converting to other media formats, than compact disk. It is time consuming, and I still do almost all my listening that is not Pandora, or watching youtube videos, from CD.
    And, truth be told, I am a technological retard. I still don't know how to manipulate music files on my PC, LOL. How ironic is it that I make my living programming CNC machines on a computer! HAHA!
    So, this works just fine for me. I may even look for a CD changer? (funny fact: i have never used a CD changer, LOL)

Eric is having a hell of a time getting my HLCDs out to me. I am anxious to see if he actually comes through this time.
    Hoping to have them by the weekend.
    Last edited by wheelieking71; 09-26-2016 at 10:38 PM.

3. Back To Top    #213

that is a gorgeous headunit. What happens to the 7930?

4. Back To Top    #214

Quote Originally Posted by cadaver View Post
    that is a gorgeous headunit. What happens to the 7930?
    Not sure? It will probably find a comfy spot under the bed next to the DRZ. And wait for its chance to shine.
    It may get shop jams duty shortly? Our house finally sold! So, everything in my world is going to see drastic changes very soon.
    The new buyers are in their 10day inspection period. As long as they (or their inspector) don't find any red flags, it is a done deal.
    We will have to be out on the 18th of November.
    The problem? The house we wanted, that we had a contingency contract on. The contract expired last week, and it sold to somebody else before we could renew the contract.
    So, we are kind of up shit creek right now. Need to find something fast. May end up renting for a bit. As this isn't really something we should make a hasty decision/purchase on.
    Moving your home is bad enough. But, I will be moving my home, AND shop/business! That is a huge deal. If we move someplace that doesn't work, or we end up not liking.
    Just moving the machines in the shop will cost over $3k for the riggers.

5. Back To Top    #215
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

I knew things would work out for you guys! You will find the perfect spot with a little patience. Good things always happen to good people! I have always dug the green buttons on Alpine HU's...

6. Back To Top    #216
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

That's a CDA-7949 right?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

7. Back To Top    #217

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    That's a CDA-7949 right?
    Yes sir.

8. Back To Top    #218

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    I knew things would work out for you guys! You will find the perfect spot with a little patience. Good things always happen to good people! I have always dug the green buttons on Alpine HU's...
    Thank you! The problem now is: where the heck are we gonna go?! LOL

9. Back To Top    #219

Praying about it couldnt hurt

10. Back To Top    #220

Well, this whole sell our house and buy a place big enough that I can bring my shop/work home, has been a very stressful fiasco.
    most of the stress was centered around not being able to get our house sold in time to solidify the contingency contract we had for the purchase of the house we thought we wanted.
    That contract expired, and that house sold two days later to somebody else (for a lot less than we were able to talk the sellers down to).
    I had all but given up. I don't have the same level of patience Allison does. About three weeks later, our house sold! And, we once again started looking at everything we could find.
    Allison had some pretty set-in-stone requirements. The big one: not more than 20 miles from her Mom. The closer the better.
    So, we found one we both liked. It checked most boxes on our list. Most importantly, location. The location was perfect. We haggled back and forth on that one a little while with the sellers.
    And, finally, they accepted an offer. The big problem with that house? It was at the very top of our budget. We would only have about $5k left from the sale of our house when it was all said and done.
    But, the clock was ticking! We have to be out of our house on 11/18. Then, that damn house did not make it through inspection very well at all! Lots of issues the average person would not find on a walk through.
    Most notably, the roof was in very bad shape. This was an adobe style home. Which means it had a flat "foam" roof. The only way to inspect that is to get up there.
    The inspector actually condemned the roof, LOL. He said there were wide open "blisters" exposing huge sections of under-layment, and even the actual plywood sheeting.
    The funny thing was, this house was just remodeled on the inside, and it was a very nice job with very expensive "stuff". You would think they would have fixed the roof.
    I could tell from the things the inspector was saying during the summary, this place was fucked because of that roof.
    Since it was already the top of our budget, and we wouldn't really have a cushion for unexpected or emergency repairs, we went in panic mode, and started looking AGAIN!

Our realtor has been absolutely amazing through this process. We have actually been shopping for many months.
    And, I can not believe her eagerness to always go above and beyond. When she knew we were struggling with that house she started looking again, and on a whim,
    sent Allison a link to another house that she knew she wouldn't like (LOL). But, she also knows, and understands, the master-plan is me bringing the shop home.
    And, she though I might be interested in this particular property.

As expected, Allison did not like the house. But, she sent me the link anyways. And, well, it was about 8 minutes from the shop. I immediately went and performed a drive by!
    For starters, it was listed $125,000 less than the other one! Meets her "distance from Mom" requirement. And, it has a real honest-to-goodness shop standing tall already.
    And a second building that will be "hers". Over an acre. In county-island. Which around here means I can do whatever the heck I want without the city saying a damn word.
    I went straight home, and proceeded to lay down the logic of why this place was the smartest thing we could possibly buy!
    Much to my delight!!!! She agreed that it made perfect sense on paper. We should go check it out.
    The place needs help. The property is neglected. To the point that is is nothing more than a dirt lot. The home is older, but not neglected as bad as the property.
    Surprisingly, very clean inside. And, much to my delight, she didn't hate it. This place had only been on the market two days.
    We decided the price was really low, and we put an offer in immediately. I am very inexperienced here, and we leaned on our realtor for advice.
    I was afraid if we came in at full price just two days on market, they might sense they were low, reject, and raise the price.
    Or somebody else would find it, and I would end up in a bidding war. She concurred. And suggested we offer $5k under, and ask for a few simple contingencies.
    Well, it worked, because, they countered with the exact same offer.
    The only reason they countered is because one of the owners names was misspelled in our offer, LOL. (two sisters own it, after their Father passed on).

That has been a few weeks ago now, and our realtor has somehow managed to get the closing date on the new house, 11/18, the same day as the sale of our old house.
    We will have two days to move. That is going to be near impossible, but we will have to make it happen.

Here is a teaser of the current situation in the back yard: